Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Healthy Renegade Gets on Camera For The Holidays

"The holidays are coming! The holidays are coming!!


You're about to gain 10 pounds of blubbery holiday fat!!!
You won't even know it's happening!
Hide your kids....
hide your wife...
cause their ass' are about to blow up too!"



Running the streets (of the Internet?), warning the townsfolk.  It's like I'm a modern day Paul Revere. Though I can't possible compete with his fashionable ways.  Did you see that puffy shirt?
I hope I get one for Christmas.


CHRISTMAS??!!


I love it when people act surprised when December 25th arrives.  Next time someone starts that inevitable conversation, instead of being agreeable, shake things up a bit. 


Them:  "I can't believe it's already here. Time just flew by."
You:    "Yeah, seriously. Feels like only 12 months ago we were having this exact same conversation."
Them:   : /
You:     :)   aka the conversation winner!


Nothing says holiday spirit like being a smart ass.


Since this is officially a health and fitness blog, you know what I'm going to say about your upcoming holiday habits; don't eat too much, don't stress, keep up your workout routine, beat your children if they complain about their gifts.  All the usual stuff.


Except, this year I'm going to do it a little different.  You see, every season I try to keep people on track with my no brainer holiday health tips.  But the thing is, I know you're all so worn out from buying gifts for people you don't like and cramming your in-laws in a closet somewhere, that the last thing you want to do or have time for is reading.  Plus there aren't that many pictures that I post, so I'm not sure who's really paying attention anyway.  And, let's face it. Those eyes will have all ready gone cross from all the screaming kids, J-Lo's holiday mix and that salvation army bell that rings even in your sleep, you couldn't possibly focus on the 10 font anyway.


So, being the saint (pbbbb..) that I am, I've decided I will reach out to my 10 readers via video blog!


Each week until the end of the season,  I will post a new video related to keeping you (and I ) from gaining the typical 8-15 pounds that most people pack on around this time of year.


I'm already super nervous, so bear with me through the process, please.  With that said.....


The Healthy Renegade's 
Video Blog Rules:

  • No making fun of my squeaky video voice.
  • No making fun of my hair, face, clothes.
  • No making fun period.
  • If you make fun, I have the right to kick you in the shin.
  • You have no rights after that.





About The Healthy Renegade Holiday Video Blog:




  • Each week I will post a video, addressing typical holiday situations; weight gain, stress, being too busy, dealing with unhealthy food at parties, low energy, healthy recipes/cooking, travel tips. All kinds of good stuff. 
  • I want this to be as interactive as possible.  I know you will be busy, but in order to stay ahead of the game this season and stay on track you will need to be thinking about your health.  If you're interacting with me, you're defiantly thinking about your health. So if you can find 3 minutes of sanity, send me videos of you cooking good stuff, post stress release ideas, send me your favorite healthy recipes, pictures...whatever. Let's motivate each other and collectively make this the healthiest holiday season yet! 
  • If you want me to blog about any particular thing, request it. 

The Healthy Renegade Video Blog: Holiday Series debut will be next week. In the meantime, post me your thoughts. 

See you soon! 







 

2 comments:

  1. AHHH I MISS YOU and your smart ass kicking attitude:)I have decided to keep a food and fitness journal to keep me in check with this crazy season and to keep my midwestern food pushing relatives(i love them dearly) off my back. I can't wait for the videos
    xxxoCarrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaime! Could you post about a quick (10-15 minute) workout one could do in the morning, at home before work?? I know you have told me like a thousand times, but I'd love to get it so totally ingrained in my brain I could do it in my sleep - LITERALLY. Thanks! Hope all is well!
    -Maddy

    ReplyDelete